Energy Risk Asia Innovation Week
Energy Risk Asia Innovation week consists a series of informative sessions across 5 days, to showcase innovation occurring in APAC’s energy risk space.
About the event
Energy Risk Asia Innovation Week will showcase the latest advances in risk management in Asia Pacific’s energy space through a series of webcasts. Each day we will focus on a particular theme:
November 14: Hedging
November 15: Digitalization
November 16: Energy Transition
November 17: Commodity trading
November 18: LNG
November 14, 2022 - Hedging
Overcoming the challenges of hedging in today’s commodity markets
- What are the biggest challenges to hedging in today’s environment of high prices and high volatility?
- What changes are firms making to their hedging strategies as a result of heightened volatility and risk?
- How is the current environment impacting a firm’s appetite for risk and hedging?
- How to keep on top of your positions and monitor the effectiveness of your hedge in fast-changing, volatile markets
- Hedging costs: weighing up the cost of hedging and the risk of margining defaults
- What trends are impacting different commodities markets and how does this impact diverse commodity portfolios?
November 15, 2022 - Digitalization
Digitalisation of Energy Markets: Harnessing new technology to build the Risk Function of the Future
- Where should the industry be heading? How can you ensure your digitalisation journey is on track?
- Tech and innovation strategies: how are digitalisation and automation impacting the industry?
- How to optimise trading and risk management technology throughout the entire trade lifecycle
- How do you know which systems will be best for creating the CTRM function you need?
- Technology risks: how to measure your technology risk, from the risk of over-spending to the risk of missing out on opportunities through not having the right systems in place
- Managing cyber security risks
November 16, 2022 - Energy transition
Energy transition: mapping a pathway to a sustainable industry and energy mix
- The changing energy landscape towards greener energy: latest trends and policies in APAC
- Where is the incentive mainly coming from – a customer pull or regulatory push?
- How is adapting to net zero/low carbon impacting the sector in APAC?
- How are firms building their sustainability programmes – what factors are being considered? How will things evolve?
- Understanding the reporting criteria of climate risk and ESG - how can firms achieve a more complete and transparent reporting process?
- Managing financial climate risk: finding the right approach for your firm
November 17, 2022 - Commodity trading
Deep dive into commodity trading and infrastructure
- Overview of the current regulatory trading environment in Asia vs the rest of the world
- Spotlight on China: latest regulatory updates and developments at exchanges. How are these impacting commodities trading in Asia and globally?
- What are the new exchange products and services available across Asia?
- Digitalisation and its impact on the commodities market and trading platforms
- Looking at the key trends that will shape OTC and exchange-traded markets
November 18, 2022 - LNG
Short- and long-term outlook for LNG in Asia
- Impact of geopolitical uncertainly and high volatility on the LNG market
- How is the Russia/Ukraine crisis impacting Asian LNG markets and what’s the effect on risk management and hedging decisions?
- What are the longer-term forecasts for global LNG flows?
- Best strategies for gaining competitive advantage and managing LNG risk in Asia